Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Career Choices?

I'm a kid who has just started to consider his career choices. On the ACT Explorer, which is kind of a practice ACT for 8th graders, I scored a 99%. The survey I filled out said that I would be good for a computer type job or a science type job, like chemist or astronemer. I was very happy with this until I realized that my choice still wasn't made. Could someone answer the following questions to help me?





1. Do computer programmers, software engineers, or hardware engineers have regular work hours or can they be called to work on a project if needed?





2. Do computer programmers, software engineers, or hardware engineers have problems with their body because of their job? For example, weak eyes, stressed body, etc.





3. I don't really understand the life of a scientist. Do they have regular work hours? How do they get paid? It just confuses me because a scientists career is so different from a normal job. Could someone please explain this to me?

Career Choices?
wow three question in one


1. Depends on what industry you are working in , contract based or in house development


2. Eat a lot of sushi to alleviate those problems. Think only of solutions


3. Mostly regular hours but they also need to fight for research grant and competition are fierce.They get one lump sum to research a proposal then the rest is money management.


No comments:

Post a Comment