Saturday, November 19, 2011

Help me complete this assignment. I have to do a survey on 5prsns and make development plan?

b. Is my career going in the direction of my goals?


c. Have I done enough research about the options I have.


d. List of my personal strengths and shortcomings (Enumerate at least three each)


Step 3: Action: How do I get there?


a. What skills do I need to develop to achieve them?


b. What education /training will be required to achieve them?


c. What are my obstacles?


d. What are my strategies’ to overcome those obstacles?

Help me complete this assignment. I have to do a survey on 5prsns and make development plan?
Step1: Who am I


a. What are Life’s priorities (What do I Value)


I value my family and friends the most. Even by Marshall Goldsmith Harvard Business “When you look around your death bed, no fellow employees are going to be waving goodbye except your friends and family.”


b. What are my interests?


Interest cant be restricted to an activity or a task. Peter Singer a laureate professor at the Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics also explains the same in his famous book Practical Ethics – “The fundamental interest that entitles a being to equal consideration is the capacity for suffering and/or enjoyment or happiness”. Hence what ever you do build an interest in that activity and you start enjoying it.


c. What aptitude, skills do I have?


Aptitude is defined as an intellectual ability of an individual to learn material sufficiently so that he can properly perform the business task required on the job. I would rate myself with an intellectual and quick mind for question asking and logic.


d. What are my achievements?


My career achievements aren't measurable in terms of milestones with accomplishments. So I finally settled on my friends to be my achievement so far in life.


e. What are my short term goals? Enlist about 2 to 3 of them.


I am motivated, responsible, and know my role in this organization. My utmost priority is just to exploit my knowledge, learning and experience so far to the benefit of this company and its growth.


f. Are they aligned with my long term goals?


Yes.





Step2: Exploration


a. Where am I going


I am on the path of learning and development. Whereby I believe I have the best of the mentors to guide me through the way to life on personal, professional and spiritual ground.


b. Is my career going in the direction of my goals?


Lord Krishna Ref;: Chapter - 2 Verse -47quote “You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself the cause of the results of your activities, and never be attached to not doing your duty.”


c. Have I done enough research about the options I have.


One only seek for an option when the present situation seems uncomfortable. For me it is not the situation yet, where I need to start a search or initiate a research.


d. List of my personal strengths and shortcomings (Enumerate at least three each)


My strength is probably my ability to deal with people. I am pretty easygoing. I usually don't get upset easily which is also a strength factor. My weakness is that I get stressed when I miss a deadline


Step 3: Action: How do I get there?


a. What skills do I need to develop to achieve them?


Need to be consistent towards the approach by the virtue of time the goal would be met.


b. What education /training will be required to achieve them?


Definitely the current modules covered so far have given a better understanding towards the approach and style of working. Training sessions like these would not only help build a better personality but also enhance the qualities within self.


c. What are my obstacles?


Common man approach and 2Dimentional approach which gives only a narrow view. I believe with a 3Dimentional view I can draw a 4th dimension and have a better understanding towards achieving the goals of life.


d. What are my strategies’ to overcome those obstacles?


Always have a positive approach. Accept my shortcoming and vocal in accepting the same. Even in hard pressed situations manage the best as per my abilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment